Date of birth:
Date of death:
September 6, 1942
Hung Thong commune, Hung Nguyen district, Nghe An province
- Party General Secretary from March 1935 to July 1936
- January 1924: Travelling to Thailand with Pham Hong Thai , and then to China to seek ways for national salvation. Here, he joined the Tan Viet Youth Union (also known as Tam Tam Xa).
- 1924: Studying at Hoang Pho Military Academy and was instructed by Nguyen Ai Quoc.
- February 1926: Admitted to the Communist Party of China.
- 1926: Graduating from Hoang Pho Military Academy.
- October 1926 – October 1927: Studying at Military Theory School in Leningrad (Soviet Union).
- December 1927 – November 1928: Studying at the 2nd Air Force Academy in Borisoglebsk (Soviet Union).
- December 1928: Attending the Communist University of the Toilers of the East of the Communist International in Moscow (Soviet Union) under the alias Litvinov. After graduation, Phong joined the Red Army of the Soviet Union and became Vietnam’s first air force soldier.
- At the end of 1931: Going to China under the name of Wang Rimin.
- 1932: Trying to contact the Party organisation in Vietnam to revive the revolutionary movement.
- 1934: The Party’s Overseas Command was established in Macau, in which Phong served as Secretary.
- June 14, 1934: Convening a meeting of the Party’s Overseas Command and delegates of domestic Party organisations to discuss the organisation of the first Party Congress.
- March 1935: Elected as General Secretary of the Party at its first congress in Macau.
- July 1935: Leading the Party delegation to the 7th Communist International Congress in Moscow. The Congress recognized the Vietnamese Party as an official cell of the Communist International. Phong was elected a member of the Executive Committee of the Communist International.
- January 1936: Travelling to China.
- November 10, 1937: Returning to Vietnam to work under the name of La Anh.
- March 1938: Attending the Party Central Committee plenum in Hoc Mon (Gia Dinh), which decided to establish the “Indochinese Democratic Front”.
- June 22, 1939: Arrested for the first time in Sai Gon and sentenced to 6 months in prison.
- January 25, 1040: Arrested for the second time, sentenced to five years in prison and exiled to Con Dao.
- September 6, 1942: Passing away in Con Dao prison./.